Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bedridden

I'm crippled. I'm somewhat disabled. I'm hurting. I'm a little hunched over. I tell Debbie I feel like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I appear to have caused a back problem to myself playing tennis too hard. I was in mid-stride ripping out a forehand shot onto my opponent and then did a stop and run back to center court kind of play. Somehow in the middle of this play i must have irritated my lower back. I decided it was no biggie, so i kept playing. Stupid stupid mistake. Now i am laying bed about 15 hrs every 24 hours. How sad is that? I can barely walk without my back screaming obsenities in pain language. I walk around in a prostrate manner around the house, too. One friend described it as my way of respecting and paying honor to Debbie.

Now i know how people with back pain feel. Kudos to those who have survived back injuries. This is definitely the most difficult injury i have ever dealt with because you feel so helpless. When you sprain a wrist or ankle, that is just one limb of your body. you can still move around with the rest. but your back affects the way you move completely. and your constant movement continues to aggravate the injury too. it's crazy and unbearable sometimes.

Hopefully this wont put me down too long but i dont really know. i think i am going to give it about 3 days before i seek medical advise. In the meantime all i can do is just lay around the house and pray the ice/hot patches work for me. I dont know what else i can do in the meantime you know? I ask for your prayers in this matters and i will keep you posted on how my recovery goes. God Bless.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Future said...

That's crazy. Injuries are a pain to deal with. Maybe when you are healed you can beat Adam up for his remarks last night.

August 01, 2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger kysila said...

sorry you're hurt. . .i'll be praying. hopefully over time it will get better. . .without having to see a dr!

August 02, 2005 7:32 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Are you feeling any better?

August 03, 2005 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go see a doctor. hey, isn't melissa around somewhere?

August 04, 2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger Josue Villarreal said...

Anonymous could at least leave a name every now and then you know

August 05, 2005 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home